Workshop: Establishing Strong & Consistent Classroom Routines & Procedures
February 11, 2016
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NYC Charter School Center - Training Room
111 Broadway, Suite 604, New York, NY 10006
Presented by Chris Habetler
Of course building strong routines is only part of building a strong class culture, but it is an important and often overlooked part of the formula. Strong routines help the class function smoothly, reduce misbehavior, reduce frustration, and, when done well, help build a positive identity for the class and build strong habits that promote student independence.
In this session, participants will learn:
1. Why routines are an essential part of building strong classrooms
2. How to design a strong routine / improve current routines
3. How to (re)invest students and (re)teach routines
4. How to descaffold teacher actions and increase student automaticity.
5. How to leverage routines to improve pacing, joy and class culture.
Suggested Audience: General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Deans/Coaches, Administrators/School Leaders