Children with Developmental Disabilities: Learn about: Developmental Milestones
April 4, 2017
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NYC Charter School Center - Training Room
111 Broadway, Suite 604, New York, NY 10006
Presented by Gary Shulman
This session will explore the various developmental disabilities, typical developmental milestones and the red flags to look out for that might cause concern and point to the necessity for an evaluation so the child’s needs can be appropriately met. We will learn about the various support services for children with developmental disabilities and strategies to help parents deal with the very overwhelming and stressful issues they confront when caring for a child with a developmental disability.
By attending this session, attendees will learn:
- An understanding of the various developmental disabilities and how they impact the child and family.
- Developmental milestones in typically developing children so we know when to be concerned.
- Family support services for parents caring for children with developmental disabilities.
- Strategies to support the emotional needs of the families.
- The importance of sharing information that can relieve family stress when caring fro children with disabilities.
Suggested Audience: General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Deans/Coaches, School Leaders, Operations Leads, Related Service Providers
Suggested Grade Level: Elementary, Middle, High School