Building Capacity for Creating FBAs/BIPs
January 29, 2014
1/30: 8:00-12:30 PM & 1/31: 12:00-5:00 PM
NYC Special Education Collaborative
111 Broadway, Suite 604, New York, NY 10006
This session will support school teams with developing procedures for establishing capacity to efficiently assess and implement individualized positive behavior supports. An interactive research-based manualized training widely used for school personnel will be presented. Participants will practice: effectively conducting efficient functional behavioral assessments (FBA) , designing behavior support plans (BSP), and leading school teams in implementing effective behavior plans. Attendees will participate in interactive and cooperative learning activities on case studies focused on:
- Defining & Understanding Behavior
- Conducting FBA Interviews
- Observing & Summarizing Behavior
- Critical Features of Behavior Support Plans
- Building Behavior Support Plans from FBA information
- Implementation & Evaluation of Behavior Supports
- Leading a Team through the Behavior Support Planning Process.
Between the two half-day sessions, participants are asked to apply what they have learned and bring back materials to the second training day.