Annual Education Conference Day 3: Training Teachers
May 13, 2017
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Achievement First Endeavor
510 Waverly Ave, Brooklyn NY 11238
Morning Keynote by Dr. Chris Emdin, Associate Professor at Teacher’s College of Columbia and author of the New York Times Best Seller For White Folks Who Teach In the Hood and the Rest of Y’all Too
Lunchtime Keynote: “Motivating & Managing Hard to Reach, Uninterested and Disruptive Students” by Brian Mendler author of several books including That One Kid and The Taming of the Crew. He has also co-authored Strategies for Successful Classroom Management, Power Struggles 2nd Edition, and the bestseller Discipline With Dignity 3rd Edition: New Challenges, New Solutions.
Breakout Sessions will be presented primarily by current charter school educators. Topics include:
- Developing Digital Literacy for Students with Special Needs
- Engaging ELLs through Student Interaction
- Including Students with Print-Based Reading Disabilities in the General Education Environment
- Affinity Group: White Educators Against Racism
- Algebra Before Arithmetic!
- Steps for Supporting Struggling Readers from a Speech-Language Pathologist’s Perspective
- Interventions based on Observations: Meeting Physical/Sensory Needs of Students in the Inclusive Classroom
- Data for Days.: How to Collect and USE Data to Reach ALL Learners
- Emotional Readiness of Co-Teaching
- Anti-Bias Education in Elementary School Classrooms
- We Need to Talk: Diversity & Inclusion
- Bringing Meditation and Peace to Your Classroom: A Practical Approach
- Increasing Student Choice without Increasing Teacher Workload and more!